Welcome to my new series, MAKE THIS!
Season 01 is all about yarn — today I'm showing you the 4 best ways to make tassels + how you can turn a looped tassel into a super cute keychain.
Tassels are perfect for upleveling some existing pieces and turning them into chic home decor.
I'm showing you the 4 best ways to make a tassel and the type of tassel you can create with each.
My favorite tassel is for sure the looped tassel (method 04). You can easily transform it into a cute keychain with just a couple extra steps.
don't forget to pin this post for later.
[checklist-box title="DIY Tassels" ]
Method 01 — Cardboard Wrap:
- Piece of cardboard or balsa wood, about 7" wide
- Small yarn or embroidery thread
- Colored thread — optional
Method 03 — Embroidery Thread Chop:
- Embroidery thread
Method 04 — Wrapped Loop:
- Embriodery Thread X2 (same or different colors)
- Chunky Yarn
- Jump Ring — optional
- Keychain — optional
p.s. I love this Fray Block to keep the ends of my yarn from fraying
Don't forget to pin this post for later!
Season 01: YARN IT is all about yarn.
If you aren't caught up, here's what you can binge so far:
- Episode 01: ULTIMATE TASSEL TUTORIAL
- Episode 02: BOHO FRINGE BASKET
- Episode 03: HOW TO MAKE PERFECT POM POMS
- Episode 04: DIY THIS MACRAME VIBE WALL HANGING
- Episode 05: MAKE THIS CUTE WRAPPED CHARGER CORD
What do you think — Did you give this DIY a try? I can't wait to see all the adorable tassels you create! leave a comment below, or use #neverskipbrunch
Cute! I think my daughter might like these. 🙂
These are super cute!
This is so cute! I deff have to add this to my next DIY project.