In this #OneHourDIY project, we're transforming a piece of tile into a chic and polished countertop tray by adding hardware.
Check out the how-to video below and don't forget to pin this post for later.
The process is super simple — we'll drill holes with a hammer drill and special bit and use machine screws to secure.
TILE TRAY DIY
This project was the perfect way to upcycle a scrap piece of tile left over from our patio build. I wanted to create a chic outdoor tray that would match our new patio.
You can make this with any piece of tile and hardware handles — its such a great DIY not only for creating a perfect custom piece that fits your style, but also makes an amazingly chic handmade gift.
Check out the video above for the tutorial or scroll down to see inspo images + a DIY card with shopping links.
tile drill bits [depends on type of tile]
- Measure and center your hardware on each end of the tile, mark placement of the screws for the hardware holes
- Drill holes in the tile so that the screw fits through with little wiggle room. Check the materials list for bit recommendations and the video for drilling tips and details.
- On the back, create countersink holes for the locknuts by drilling out part of the holes so that the locknut fits and sits flush
- Attach the hardware by securing screws and locknuts through the hole and tightening snugly
- Add felt pads to each corner on the back of the tray so that the tile doesn't scratch surfaces