01. cut the boards to 7ft long using the miter saw or miter box
02. measure and mark 16" from the end on both boards on the narrow edge (3/4" side) then mark 5 more holes 12" apart going up the board, leaving 8" at the top.
03. drill holes on each marked spot using the 1/4 in drill bit
04. drill a countersink hole in each hole on one side — about 1/4" deep — using the 3/8 in drill bit
05. sand each side of both boards with 100-120 grit sandpaper and then once again with 300 grit
06. insert hardware screws into the hole on the countersink side of the board then attach the hardware handle into each hole and fully tighten the screw
07. lean the ladder against the wall (hardware side against the wall) and hang stocking hooks and stockings onto the ladder
08. after the holidays, the ladder can be flipped around to be used as a modern blanket ladder