It's finally a socially acceptable month to decorate for fall, so I'm dishing up a fall leaf wall hanging tutorial thats ridiculously easy and super chic.
Check out the how-to video below to dive in and get making and don't forget to pin this post for later.
jump to DIY TUTORIAL // images & STYLING INSPO // pin this post // shop supplies
This project is easy to customize to fit your decor based on the fabric you choose to use. You can pick your favorite print — whatever spices your pumpkin.
a houndstooth moment
I picked this black and white houndstooth print because I'm totally here for black and white as a compliment to all the warmly saturated fall decor, but I'm starting to feel like the buffalo check is getting worn out.
This particular fabric had a rough and chunky texture that drew me in and ended up looking amazing on the finished pumpkin.
DIY Fabric Pumpkin Fall Decor
1. Cut the stem off your pumpkin, creating a hole in the middle at the top, about 2 in. wide
2. Cut a square of fabric so that when you set the pumpkin on top of the fabric in the middle, all the edges can fold over the pumpkin and tuck into the hole you cut at the top
3. Secure the fabric square to the bottom of the pumpkin with some hot glue, then begin securing the edges around the pumpkin — adding hot glue to the top and folding the fabric into pleats as you go around, then tucking excess fabric into the hole at the top.
4. Paint the pumpkin stem that you cut off in step 1 with your paint color of choice (I chose black satin)
5. Once dry, secure the pumpkin stem to the top with hot glue on the edges, covering the hole.
check out all my diy Fall Decor projects here or hop over to my Fall Decor Pinterest Board for extra inspo