its time for fall decor, so I'm dishing up a fall leaf wall hanging tutorial thats ridiculously easy and super chic.
Check out the how-to video below to dive in and get making and don't forget to pin this post for later.
jump to DIY TUTORIAL // images & STYLING INSPO // pin this post // shop supplies
This fall wall decor DIY is the perfect way to bring color and some festive feels to an empty wall space.
The stick I used is actually a dead fiddle leaf fig tree, but you can use any found stick for this project — I chat more about this is in the video tutorial so go check that out below.
You can use faux or real leaves for this project. Faux leaves are a little easier to work with and will last through multiple seasons so they are a great option and what I used since there were no fall leaves available when I put this project together.
I do think that you just can't beat the natural beauty and look of real leaves though, so opting for real leaves might give your project an even more elevated look.
You can preserve real leaves by dipping them in wax — I've seen a few tutorials for this floating around pinterest — so I would totally recommend preserving your leaves before diving into this project so they will last longer and hold up better.
Fall Leaf Wall Hanging DIY
- Large Stick OR Tree Branch
- Faux or Real Fall Leaves
- Clear Beading String / Fishing Line
Measure your wall
Measure the wall where you'll be hanging this piece to see how long the leaf strings should be.
Mine was above a headboard so my strings were 15-24" long
Make the Fall Leaf Wall Hanging
01. Choose a side of the stick to be the back, set on your workspace with the back facing upwards
02. Tie a piece of clear thread around the stick and secure the knot to the back with a dab of hot glue
03. Glue leaves on one at a time — making sure to attach the string to the back of the leaf so that the front side (without glue or string) faces down against the table. Vary the color and size of the leaves for a natural look.
04. Keep going with more leaf strings in the same way, varying the length of each string, until the entire stick is full
05. Hang on wall — I hammered a long nail into the wall on each side and rested each end of the stick on each nail.
Check out the video below for detailed instructions and info about what type of stick I used.
check out all my diy Fall Decor projects here or hop over to my Fall Decor Pinterest Board for extra inspo
This is so cute and creative!